|Posted on May 6, 2017 at 12:55 AM|
Top 5 Reasons to Choose a Home Care Agency over a Private Caregiver
1) You Have A Whole Community Behind You: When you choose an agency like Caring Companions you effectively receive support from a whole team with experience in the industry. We can answer questions about a variety of topics that range from nursing care to insurance and Medicaid. We are here to help you work through any problems that may arise. From time to time, that problem may include a caregiver missing a shift or even sub-par performance. With an agency, we usually have other aids available to help find you a viable solution.
2) Every caregiver that is employed by Caring Companions (and most agencies) undergoes a very thorough vetting process. Our employees receive a BCI check from the State of Ohio, we check eight different monitoring agencies personally, follow up with all references and call at least 2 years of previous employers. Private employees do not always undergo these checks; even when they do, they can come at the expense and hassle of the family.
3) Most agencies monitor and supervise their caregivers. At Caring Companions, we consistently do both, as well as offer continuous training on various topics. If caregivers are not performing to a high standard, we are able to work towards a mutually agreeable resolution. If it is determined that a different caregiver is required, we can often accommodate the change without a gap in service.
4) Home care agencies monitor the employment market to ensure caregivers receive competitive wages and benefits. At Caring Companions, we maintain wages and benefits that are on the top end of the market to attract the best and most qualified clients. Individuals that hire a private caregiver are responsible to ensure their employee is paid and taxed appropriately. Additionally, an agency will ensure coverage on holidays and days off.
5) Liability. As a private employee, you take on the responsibility to ensure all local, state and federal laws are being met. This becomes especially important if an aid happened to be injured while providing services to your loved ones. After all, lifting and back related injuries are some of the most common Worker’s Compensation injuries.